Just north of San Francisco, only 45 minutes from the airport, lies the coastal town of Sausalito. Coastal mountains covered with redwood forest rise from the sea. Banks of fog roll in and and then out again, providing dramatic photo opportunities for the passionate landscape photographer.
In this workshop, we will hike through the towering forests of coastal redwoods. We will get our feet wet on the sands of the rugged and scenic pacific beaches, and we will photograph the city lights of San Francisco from a most dramatic vista in mountains that peer across the span of the Golden Gate Bridge.
You will learn to create magnificent long exposures of the ocean breakers , clouds and fog banks that will give, your landscapes a distinct edge. Our group will be shooting together at both sunrise and sunset and afterward enjoying the many watering holes and restaurants of Sausalito. This is a wonderful opportunity for beginning and intermediate DSLR and mirror-less camera photographers, to commune with nature, learn the professional settings of your camera, learn to use filters and the compositional secrets to obtaining outstanding fine art landscape photos.
Your workshop includes:
- Hands on in-the field mentoring
- (3) 3-hour Sausalito adventures
- Two afternoons of 2-hour edit sessions where you will be mentored in processing your images in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop
Your workshop DOES NOT include: Your Lodging, meals, or automobile rentals
- Camera Bag/Backpack
- DSL or Mirrorless Camera and backup body
- Wide Angle Lens for Landscapes
- Telephoto (300mm to 600mm) for wildlife
- Sturdy Tripod
- Neutral Density Filter (Little Stopper)
- Graduated Neutral Density Filter 3-6 stop
- Camera Batteries/Charger
- Memory Cards
- Your passion for learning
- Laptop computer pre-loaded with both Lightroom and Photoshop
Home Base Hotel Selections:
Workshop Booking Details
Create magnificent long exposures of the ocean breakers , clouds and fog banks that will give, your landscapes a distinct edge. Our group will be shooting together at both sunrise and sunset and afterward enjoying the many watering holes and restaurants of Sausalito.
California’s Redwood Coast