Grand Teton National Park and its surroundings offer some of landscape photography’s most iconic images. During late September the fall colors and first snows ensure dramatic photographs–at a time when summer crowds have gone and the experience is truly special. September is also the time the Elk migrate from high in the mountains to the lower valley. You will hear the bulls bellowing to their harem, while we hike and shoot. Moose, Pronghorn, Coyotes, Bison and Black Bears are active at this time and often seen along the roadsides.
During this workshop, you will be led to the well known locations such as Moulton Barns and Oxbow Bend, but also to the lesser traveled areas ” off the beaten path” locations that lead to rushing rivers, mirrored lakes, and waterscapes framed by colorful foliage and majestic peaks. You will take short, safe treks with a small group into the wilds around Schwabecker Landing where moose, deer and beaver frequent the ponds and river. At Snake River Overlook, you will enjoy the iconic panorama made famous by Ansel Adams. At Oxbow bend, the majesty of Signal Mountain painted pink in alpenglow, provides the backdrop to the golden leaves of fall and the reflective snake river. Herds of bison may join us on the Antelope flats near the famous Moulton Barns. Because our group is so small, you will receive the personalized instruction you need to create publish worthy images.
You will learn to create magnificent long exposures of streams and clouds that will give, your mountain landscapes a distinct edge. Our group will be shooting together at both sunrise and sunset and afterward enjoying the many watering holes and restaurants of Jackson Hole. This is a wonderful opportunity for beginning and intermediate DSLR and mirror-less camera photographers, to commune with nature, learn the professional settings of your camera, learn to use filters and the compositional secrets to obtaining outstanding fine art landscape photos.
Home base hotel: The five-star White Buffalo hotel (307) 734-4900 is located in the center of town, walking distance to all of Jackson Hole’s eateries, galleries and watering holes. The Jackson Hole Airport is 40 minutes away.
Your workshop includes:
- Three days of hands on in-the field mentoring and studio editing time.
- Learn use of filters to enhance skies, sunrises, sunsets.
- Master back button focusing skills for sharp animal portraits
- Use long exposure techniques for blurring water and clouds
- Learn star and night sky photography techniques
- Peronalized editing assistance with your images using Lightroom and Photoshop
- Learn landscape photography Black and White conversion techniques.
- Learn to create dramatic panoramas and focus stacked images.
- Enjoy a 3-hour field adventure each morning
- Enjoy two afternoons of 2-hour edit sessions where you will be mentored in processing your images in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Enjoy a 3-hour sunset or night field adventure per evening.
Your workshop DOES NOT include: Your Lodging, meals, or automobile rentals.
- Camera Bag / Backpack
- DSLR or mirrorless camera and backup body
- Wide-angle Lens for landscapes
- Telephoto Lens (300mm to 600mm) for wildlife
- Sturdy Tripod
- Full Neutral Density Filter (Little Stopper)
- Graduated (Split) Neutral Density Filter (3-6 Stop)
- Laptop computer pre-loaded with both Lightroom and Photoshop
- Camera Batteries / Charger
- Memory Cards
- Your passion for learning
Home Base Hotel Selection:
Preferred: The Five-Star White Buffalo Hotel | (307) 734-4900 and the Four-star Antler Inn (307)733-2535
Workshop Booking Details
Enjoy some famous location based scenery in Grand Teton National Park. With iconic landscapes and the seasonal fall colors, dramatic photography is the game.
Fall Colors Grand Teton
Jackson Hole, Wyoming