Yosemite National Park’s upper region offers a respite from the tour buses and crowds that frequent the Yosemite Valley – with photographic opportunities that are fresher and more dramatic! Here, we hike along mountain lakes and streams learning to create dramatic long exposures and mountain flower landscapes that are focus stacked for perfect front to back focus.
Our unforgettable mountain mornings in the field are followed by afternoons of post-production sessions that will provide you with the files you need for fine art printing and online sharing.
Nearby Mono Lake provides a dramatic contrast to the verdant greens and blues of Yosemite. Other worldly, Mono Lake gives us the opportunity to perfect our compositional skills and black and white conversion techniques. Weather permitting, we will image the Milky Way reflected in the mirrored surface of Lake Mono.
Your workshop includes:
- Hands on in-the field mentoring
- (3) 3-hour Yosemite adventures
- Two afternoons of mentored 2-hour edit sessions processing your images in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop
Your workshop DOES NOT include: Your Lodging, meals, or automobile rentals
- Camera Bag/Backpack
- DSL or Mirrorless Camera and backup body
- Wide Angle Lens for Landscapes
- Telephoto (300mm to 600mm) for wildlife
- Neutral Density Filter (Little Stopper)
- Graduated Neutral Density Filter 3-6 stop
- Laptop Computer Loaded with Adobe Lightroom.
- Camera Batteries/Charger
- Memory Cards
- Laptop computer pre-loaded with both Lightroom and Photoshop
- Your passion for learning
Home Base Hotel Selections:
Workshop Booking Details
Unforgettable mountain mornings in the field are followed by afternoons of post-production sessions that will provide you photographs for fine art printing and online sharing.
Upper Yosemite Treasures